What is this?

These are journal entries and emails from my travels in South America in the winter of 2001-2002. My idea was to publish a book on my travels. But I keep not doing that, not only because of a busy life but because somehow it doesn't seem like a good idea to put that much more paper into the world. Plus, what if no one wants to read it?? I will be posting the manuscript I have been working on for the past few years in segments and in some sort of order, so that you can read through from beginning (oldest post) to end (newest post), or just pick out interesting bits and pieces.

Themes: political awakening, feminism, relationships, travel not tourism, post 9/11 international travel, anthropology, etc.

19 November 2007

The end of Ecuador or Skipping naked in the streets

26 January

Memories already begin to fade.

Skipping naked in the streets
in my dreams
end of time cuts close
slicing up the streets
into slivers like silver
piecing together
the hands of fate
like great puzzles
leaping into puddles
and over rivers
drooling over myself
in some great mystery
of revelation
yellowing stands of truth
grow ancient in the shadows
becoming more than free
in the inadequacy of language
moving slowly between
the doubts and certainties
finding a path
to lead me in
inside my dreams
I am always skipping
naked in the streets


No comments: